BAKIS provides high quality strategic support for the development of a full / partial inclusive system of education. Our Students of determination have an Individual Educational Plan (IEP). SMART targets are tracked and evaluated minimum three times each academic year using the Assess-Plan-Do-Review model. External Assessment Reports are kept up-to-date and the recommended guidelines are taken into consideration when planning each child’s IEP. Whether a student is attending individual therapy such as Speech and Language Therapy (SLT), or Occupational Therapy (OT), termly progress reports are submitted to the SOD Coordinator to ensure support of these goals in school.
The standards we follow provide clear guidance about the actions necessary to assure good governance and accountability to enhance and extend quality inclusive education services:
1. Identification and Early Intervention
2. Admissions, Participation and Equity
3. Leadership and Accountability
4. Systems of Support for Inclusive Education
5. Special Centres as a Resource for Inclusive Education
6. Co-operation, Coordination and Partnerships
7. Fostering a Culture of Inclusive Education
8. Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
9. Resourcing for Inclusive Education
10. Technical, Vocational Education and Training (TVET).